Summer accessories to keep you fabulous…
With the question of what to wear this summer season answered, the query then becomes how to accessorize your summer wardrobe. Here are the hot items for this summer season, both in shoes and jewelry. ¤ Erin
1. You may have seen several celebrities wearing long chains with a horn charm. This is a trend that began last fall and will be moving into the next season. These necklaces can be found in a variety of forms. I have seen the chains in both yellow gold and silver, and the horns in brushed metal, with and without rhinestones, as well as plain and matte.
2. The strawberry, it isn’t just a summertime treat – they’re popping up around people’s necks as well. They are cute and small and much like the horns, they look really nice over a long tunic top.
3. Another necklace trend is the colour turquoise. These necklaces are seen both long and short with multiple strands of mixed sizes. It makes a real fashion statement and looks great with a pair of jeans and simple white blouse.
4. In earrings, the trend is geared towards the larger sizes. Hoop earrings in all sizes or very detail-oriented drop earrings seem to be dominating the market place. They are a great way to dress up a pair of jeans and tank.
1. Summer is the time to give your feet an opportunity to shine and this season is no exception. The peep toe is back and bigger than ever. Being shown as a sling back, wedge, high heel, ankle strap or flat, anything goes this season. Wear these great shoes with this season’s hot Capri, the city short, or with your favourite skirt.
2. One of the other big trends in shoes this season is metallic. Metallic-coloured shoes have made an appearance in every designer’s collections for the spring/summer season. Dress them up or down, wear them with any heel height.
3. As well as metallic, another widely shown trend is patent leather. Much like the metallic shoes, they are being shown in a variety of different styles.
4. Lastly, it’s the ballet slipper – a trend that is easy to wear and very comfortable. Whether you throw them on with jeans, capris, a skirt, or with a tunic top and tights, the ballet slipper is a winner.